Cricut.com/setup | What’s Cricut?
From cutting machines to crafting essentials, Cricut products make it easy to create just for fun, for friends & family, or even for a small business.
How Do I Setup My New Cricut ?
- To begin, you will receive a Cricut Maker Welcome Book manual. Within the first page of this book, it directs you to follow their online guide. Visit: cricut.com/setupcricut.com/setup and follow the steps! You will see that the machine includes sample materials to create a simple card. During the setup process, this intro project is optional.
- The Cricut website is an overall super helpful resource for setting up your Cricut Maker! For FAQ, Manuals and Videos, and Setup and Troubleshooting, visit:cricut.com/setup
- To use the Cricut Maker, you will need to download the Cricut Design Space software, which where all your designs will need to be created. Again, the Cricut website is super helpful for downloading this software. Visit: cricut.com/setup for easy step-by-step instructions to download this software for a PC/MAC, IOS Device, or even and Android Device. Also, the Cricut Design Space software is FREE!
- Now, let’s take a closer look at the actual components of the machine.
- Below, you will find the list of what’s included in the box.
- The Premium Fine Point Blade is the blade that you will want to use for cutting Heat Transfer Vinyl, and even Adhesive Vinyl. Luckily, this blade comes pre-installed in the machine (located in Clamp B)! However, if you ever wish to change the blade, you can refer to page 46 of the Welcome Book manual.
- When you are cutting vinyl with your machine, you will want to ensure that you are using a cutting mat. As noted on page 40 of the Welcome Book manual, these mats are reusable adhesive cutting mats, and each mat is formulated to ensure the best possible adhesion and the longest possible life.
Cricut Maker - Inside The Cricut Maker Box
The Cricut Maker‘s box contains the machine, a USB cord, a power cord, a fine point blade and housing (installed in the machine), a rotary blade and housing, a pen, a welcome book, and two mats—a 12” x 12” pink FabricGrip cutting mat and a 12” x 12” blue LightGrip cutting mat.
If you purchased a bundle, you may have additional tool and materials as well.
Pull everything out of the box. YAY! Your Cricut Maker is no longer in the box. Pat yourself on the back.
Use the power cord to plug in your machine and click the power button to turn it on. It’ll click and growl a bit—it’s alive!
How I connect my Chromebook to a Cricut Cutting Machine
Here are the specific steps:
- Download the Design Space app from the Google Play store.
- Open the app and sign in / create an account at cricut.com/setup
- Turn on your Cricut cutter
- Open the system launcher on your chromebook (i.e. click the time) and select Bluetooth.
- Your Cricut cutter should appear in the Bluetooth menu. Select it to connect it to your device.
- Prepare a project in Design Space.